Visiting Team Information
I would like to welcome you and your athletic teams to Meredith College. In order to ensure all your needs are met, information regarding the athletic training room and medical services has been provided. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
All home events will have medical coverage by a Certified Athletic Trainer. If your team will be traveling without a Certified Athletic Trainer or a Student Athletic Trainer, please let me know in advance so that I can be prepared to assist your athletes. In the absence of a Certified or Student Athletic Trainer, any pre/post event treatments using modalities need to be in writing on letterhead from the Certified Athletic Trainer or Physician with diagnosis/assessment and treatment parameters. Please note that I only have one whirlpool and advanced notice for this modality would be greatly appreciated.
The training room is located in Weatherspoon Gymnasium down the hall from the main locker room. This facility is equipped with a whirlpool, hydrocollator, ice machine, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation. Splints, immobilizers, and crutches will be available in the training room as well. Injury ice and water will be provided at all home events. It is requested that you provide your teams necessary taping supplies.
I have included a list of important telephone numbers for your convenience. I look forward to working with you and your athletes. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Head Athletic Trainer
- 2013-14 Letter to Athletes (ALL athletes)
- Student-Athlete Checklist (ALL athletes)
- Personal Data Sheet (ALL athletes)
- Acknowledgement of Insurance (ALL athletes)
- Meredith College Athletic Training (NEW athletes only)
- Assumption of Risk Waiver (ALL athletes)
- Medical History Form (NEW athletes only)
- Medical Information Release Form (NEW athletes only)
- Concussion Statement (ALL athletes)
- Concussion Fact Sheet (ALL athletes)
- Sickle Cell Trait Fact Sheet (ALL athletes)
- Sickle Cell Trait Consent Form (ALL athletes)
For more information, please contact Head Athletic Trainer Sharon Malley at (919) 760-8462 or email@example.com.